mardi 30 janvier 2024

Baby Dodds: Talking & Drum Solos // The Laneville-Union Brass Band / The Lapsey Band: Country Brass Bands (Atavistic, enr. 1946/1954; publ. 2003).

Atavistic Unheard Music Series UMS/ALP241CD (2003)

Baby Dodds (batterie, voix). Enregistré en 1946. 

1. Spooky Drums No. 1
2. Drums in the Twenties
3. Shimmy Beat / Press Roll Demonstration
4. Careless Love Blues
5. Rudiments
6. Maryland
7. Spooky Drums No. 2
8. Tom Tom Workout

Originalement paru en EP 10-pouces sur Folkways Records (Folkways FJ 2290). 

The Laneville-Johnson Union Brass Band, enregistré en 1954. 

9. Precious Lord Hold My Hand
10. Take Rocks & Gravel to Build a Solid Road
11. Wild About My Daddy
12. Sun Gonna Shine in My Back Door Someday
13. I'm Going On
14. O Lord Let Thy Will Be Done
15. Conversation
16. My Baby Gone and She Won't Be Back No More
17. Fare You Well Daddy, It's Your Time Now

The Lapsey Band, enregistré en 1954. 

18. Sing On
19. Dixie
20. Going Up the Country, Don't You Want to Go
21. I Shall Not Be Moved
22. The Ship is Over the Ocean
23. Mama Don't You Tear My Clothes
24. Nearer My God to Thee
25. Like My Lord
26. I'm All Right Now Since I've Been Counted
27. Just Over in the Gloryland
28. When I Lay My Burden Down

Originalement paru en LP 12-pouces dans la série Music from the South sur Folkways Records (Folkways FP 650/FA 2650). 

Sous licence de Smithsonian/Folkways. 

Assemblé et masterisé au AirWave Studio par Kyle White.
Portrait de Baby Dodds par George Wettling, gracieuseté de la collection Hank O'Neal.
Design du CD par ATAWorld. 
Réédition produite par John Corbett. 
Notes de pochette: Kevin Whitehead. 

-------

Écouter sur YouTube Music: 

Baby Dodds. 

Country Brass Bands. 

Aucun commentaire: